UVAIRx provides the most advanced air and surface purification system on the market today. The technology employs active photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) technology mimicking the sun’s natural cleansing action. UVAIRx enables educational, hospitality, medical, veterinary, assisted living and nursing facilities, private homes and more to deploy an advanced version of the same proven technology to reduce the leading causes of airborne and surface caused allergies, bacterial and viral infections.
- Core Technology: Advanced Photovoltaic Reactor (PVRx). The PVRx process involves titanium dioxide, a semiconductor photocatalyst with a bandgap energy of 3.2 eV, being irradiated with photons < 385 nm wavelength (via a UV or other light source), causing the bandgap energy to be exceeded and an electron promoted from the valence band to the conduction band. A super-hydrophilic state is formed over the surface of the TiO2. The resultant electron-hole pair has sufficient lifetime to allow it to form various superoxide ions and hydroxyl radicals upon reaction with water and oxygen from the air and form clusters of negative and positive ions. Those pathogens pulled through the unit are deactivated either in the meta state that forms above the surface of the TiO2 or by the oxidative clustered ions (OCIs). The remaining clustered ions are pushed into the air using a small, quiet fan and they attack and deactivate pathogens in the air, on surfaces, and in crevices, wherever they may reside.
- UVAIRx products are designed to deactivate pathogens without the air having to pass through the unit or through a filter. There is no filter that must be changed and discarded – a “green” solution. The end products of the deactivations are water and carbon dioxide. This is the same process that happens naturally in nature.
- UVAIRx PVRx deactivates most bacteria and viruses on contact, resulting in better health for humans, especially those in congested spaces, leading to less absenteeism due to illness. PVRx also deactivates certain allergens, thereby alleviating reactions to dander, spores, fungi, pollen, dust mites and other allergens commonly found in indoor air.
- PVRx deactivates in the air and on surfaces MRSA, Staphs, Streps, Listeria, E. coli, C. diff, H1N1 and Avian Flu. Additionally, mold, mold spores and S. chartarum (black mold) are inactivated greater than 90%, all major causes of “sick building syndrome.”
- There are over 60 organic compounds that UVAIRx technology has been shown to deactivate including formaldehyde, which is prevalent in building materials. Additionally, ammonia and several other inorganic compounds including ozone are deactivated by the PCO process. Installations in several veterinary applications have validated in vivo deactivation of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) used for cleaning. This minimizes human exposure and therefore provides a healthier learning and working environment.
- UVAIRx PVRx using titanium dioxide is an economical, safe, non-hazardous and eco-friendly process that does not produce any harmful byproducts (NASA). The end products are carbon dioxide and water. There is no net production of ozone (see UL867).
ETL, UL (including UL867), CSA, CARB and FCC approved CE, and TUV approvals pending.
Energy Star Compliant
Made in the USA (Manufactured in CO & TN)
Ux 105 – Stand Alone Units
Designed for easy placement at floor level or countertop in facilities. Wall mount option available.
16” H x 4” D, Weight 3lbs.